Re: Unplug Salem, etc.

In a message dated 5/1/2000 4:55:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
norco@bellatlantic.net writes:

<< Are you personally willing to hear and accept the science in lieu of the
 > nonsense? ------ Yes, but what you consider 'nonsense' I may consider
'sense'
 > and we may have to agree to disagree -----  Or are we really just wasting
our
 > time? --- No --- >>

OK, now we are on to something. Obviously, this is not a forum for fish
kills, and there are other posts concerning the so-called "viable
alternatives" - I assume you will address those separately.  I will bow out
of this with one note.  Some studies are published in peer-reviewed journals.
 These are generally referred to as "science."  Others are published by the
authors.  These are generally referred to as "hogwash."
I hope you will not use your position and influence to ensure that our public
policy is based on the latter.

You are an educated man - please just give serious thought to the basis for
and effect of what you do.

Lew LaGarde
e-mail - offtowy@aol.com