Re: Article in Toledo Blade: Michael Woods: Cigarette will deliver

Interesting posting about the radiation in cigarettes. One item that the Dr.
neglected to mention is the effects of 2nd-hand smoke! I remember in a
graduate physiology class, my professor mentioned that the second-hand
smoker actually inhales more smoke than the smokers themselves! I don't know
much about the stability of the gaseous Po-210, but if it's stable enough
than the 2nd hand smoker would theoretically receive a higher radiation
dose.

One more reason why I'm glad I never started smoking.

(Sorry if I have offended any smokers!)

Yvette Lloyd
Regulatory Affairs Analyst
Radiance Medical Systems, Inc.