RE: Health Physics Society vs some other name

Jack,

I started this thread, simply to get the arguments.  I would presume Dr.
Johnson will submit a formal proposition for consideration with candidates
for society office, if he intends to go forward with the proposal.  I do not
know what the time table for that is.  In the past some amendments had been
proposed that some felt very strongly about and I had seen/read very little
about the issues.

Mention has been made about the change of name for the annual meeting.  I am
not a parliamentarian but I presume the Board of Directors has the authority
to make that change without referring it to a vote of the Plenary members.
A change of the name of the society could hardly be done without that vote.

BTW, I appreciate all of you that took time to respond.

Thanks and Regards

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
American Radiation Safety Conference and Exposition (HPS 2000) I look
forward to meeting some of you!