From: Manometjack@aol.com [mailto:Manometjack@aol.com]
Sent: May 01, 2000 4:34 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Health Physics Society vs some other name

There are strong opinions on both sides of this issue.  I think it only fair

that this issue be open to debate in a manner consistent with the by-laws of

the Society (Article VI, Section 9 and Article VII, Section 10).  Therefore,

I would like to see a formal proposition concerning the name change
submitted
to the membership for membership approval prior to any change.

Sincerely,

Jack McCarthy, CHP
manometjack@aol.com