RE: Solution to worlds energy problem

> You are joking, aren't you?!

	No I'm not!  I repeat, this argument is not my idea, it was put
forward decades ago and reiterated several times since.  Perhaps it's the
taxation issue that concerns you.  It concerns me as well, and I think we'd
all be rightly suspicious of "new taxes".  Higher taxes on fossil fuels
COUPLED WITH reductions of other taxes, keeping the overall tax burden the
same or less.  Something like that will have to happen.

> "Bradshaw, Keith" schrieb:
>
> > > The solution to the worlds energy problems:
> > >
> > > 1. Start with reducing consumption.
> > >
> >         This point is not original to me, in fact I think it goes back
> > the beginning of the last century: reducing energy consumption by
> > insulation, increasing efficiency etc. may be a lot more difficult than
> you
> > think.  Basically, if a family save money on heating or whatever, the
> money
> > they save will be spent on other energy-using activities.  If you get a
> more
> > economical car, you're likely to drive it further to make up for it.

	<CUT>

	Personal thoughts only

	Regards

	keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk