Re: radiation is radiation? lochbaum

Vince, ( and everyone else)

I'm not being thick on purpose. I seem to hear 2 messages.

(1) rad is rad  (2) radionucleotides affect different areas of the body - I-131 to
the thyroid;
sr-90 to teeth/bones, etc. Its this part of it that I see how man-made is
'different'. Maybe I'm using the wrong (tooth project supplied) terminology of
perspective.  Why would we pass out KI tablets at nuke plants in the event of a
release and not pass 'em out in Denver where background is higher.  What am I not
getting here?

Please answer me off-list to keep email traffic down. I would have answered this one
off-list, but I'm looking for additional input from you all.

thanks
norm