Kodak Response to continued rumor; Discontinuance of KODAK Personal Monitoring Film Type II

I posted this letter from Kodak almost 2 years ago, yet the rumor
continues to be spread by a small group of individuals. Let it be
perfectly clear that personnel film dosimetry continues to be strong
in not only the USA, but internationally as well, and, that Kodak has
absolutely NO intentions of discontinuing the manufacture of
personnel film dosimeters. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who
continues to be told that the contrary is true.

Thank you ....

September 22, 1998

Subject:  Discontinuance of KODAK Personal Monitoring Film Type II

Thank you for contacting me immediately with the information about
the rumour concerning the discontinuance of KODAK Personal Monitoring
Film, Type II.  I am pleased to inform you that it is nothing more
than a rumor.

We are currently engaged in a new product development program with
the vinyl packaged product to provide even better performing products
to this market place.  We do not have any plans, now or in the
future, of discontinuing the film know as film code 6520.

We are the world-wide leader in providing pre-packed films
specifically for the radiation monitoring market.  This is a very
important business to the Eastman Kodak Company.  I am distressed
that these rumours are being spread by someone in the industry and
believe that these claims may be intended to scare some customers
away from film to a lessor technology.

I would appreciate your assistance in identifying who is making these
claims, so Kodak can deal with this issue appropriately.  Thank you
once again for your timely information and for your support and use
of our KODAK Personal Monitoring Film, Type II.  If you have any
further information or questions, please contact me at 716-588-4789.

						Best Regards,

						_
						Segment Manager
						Personal Monitoring Film
						Kodak Professional

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205