Re: radium dial watch

I, too, had a radium dial wrist watch about 60 years ago that I wore every day
during the day (I removed it at night) with the fact on the outside of my left
wrist from about age 9 to 16.  I kept the watch unused for years and one day in
my incarnation as a health physicist, I measured to dose rates front and back and
got essentially the same readings as are reported here.  About 15 years ago at
age 56 I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from the skin of the area that was
under that watch.  I have no idea whether the radiation from the watch caused the
carcinoma, nor do I care ( I have had several other skin carcinomas removed from
various parts of my skin over the years, all simple operations with no
complications or scars.)  I report this only to add a small piece of anecdotal
evidence that radium dial watches don't significantly harm people IMHO.  Al
Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net