RE: Mount St Helens

I flew missions around Mt.St. Helens about a month before the big eruption
and again a few hours after the eruption to collect gases for lab analysis,
including for radon.
It's been a long time, but I seem to recall slightly elevated
concentrations of radon.  If so, there would have been a transient increase
in radon daughters.  I don't remember any other unusual radioactivity
associated with the eruption.  Vernon Andrews