Re: Waste Disposal Cost

Our drums weigh about 200+-50 lb after compaction and they cost about $800+-.
The disposal costs vary with a number of factors and weight is one of them.
We do not get any discount for multiple drums. However, there is a
transportation charge for each waste pick up (each time they come for pick
up). We collect our waste drums until our storage area is full and we call
our waste broker for pick up to save on transportation charge. We have access
to NW compact waste handling facility. We pay two other fees associated with
rad waste which we pay annually.  If you need more detail, let me know. M. Jo

"Poston, Jay (John) (PEA)" wrote:

> What would be the approximate cost for disposal of a 55 gallon drum of
> low-level radioactive waste (lab trash and equipment)?  Would the cost be
> less for multiple drums as opposed to a single drum?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay Poston
> Voice:  713-218-9312
> Fax:    713-218-9332

begin:vcard
n:Jo;M.
tel;fax:775-784-4553
tel;work:775-784-4540
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:University of Nevada Reno;EH&S, MS 328
adr:;;N. Virginia St;Reno;NV;89557;
version:2.1
email;internet:mjo@scs.unr.edu
title:Myung Chul Jo, M.S., CHP