RE: Is Two Too Many?

The phrase, "All the time" with respect to wearing two dosimeters is more
conservative than the current use in commercial nuclear power.  Workers at
power plants typically only use a second dosimeter when they are entering a
"radiologically posted area" or as dictated by their radiation work permit.

This would be such and inconvenience, a business case might say wear two TLD
badges all the time and only use an electronic dosimeter when entering
radiologically posted areas.  Most of the personnel on site don't enter
radiologically posted areas on a daily basis and requiring everyone to
electronically log out an electronic dosimeter at the beginning of the day
and return it at the end of the day to record dose would be a significant
inconvenience.

Realistically, with the typical minimum recordable dose levels by most
electronic dosimeters, you'd probably want personnel outside of posted areas
to keep the dosimeter turned on all of the time for a monitoring period of
significant length or else you'd be spending a lot of money collecting
zeros.  This type of use would be a bit of a stretch for typical electronic
dosimeters.

Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.