Nuclear plant wiring

Apparently there was an article in the June 1, 2000 edition of USA Today that stated that the Clinton administration was forming a study panel to investigate aging wiring in aircraft, the space shuttles, and nuclear power plants.  The article conintues without further reference to the nukes.  Does any one have any idea about what the basis for all of this is?  The article references a memo from a Clinton advisor.  I don't usually get my scinece news from "News Lite".

Just an analog guy in a digital world.
Paul Prichard  X3235
(860) 447-1791
prichp@gwsmtp.nu.com