LD/50 for rats and humans

Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding the application of LD-50 from
laboratory animals to humans.

1)  What is the generally accepted value for LD-50 for
laboratory rats?

2)  What is the generally accepted value for LD-50 to
humans?

3)  When interpreting dose data from rats to humans, what
is the generally accepted conversion methodology (i.e,
would one merely do a linear ratio of the LD-50s to get a
rough equivalent dose, or is there a more sophisticated
conversion method).

Specifically, I have been reviewing a paper written in
1967 that demonstrates that rats would avoid flavored
water that they had been conditioned to associate with
low levels of radiation exposure.  Specifically, doses of
10 - 50R (independent of dose rate) were cited as
adequate to induce this aversion response.  What would
this be in "human rem?"

Thanks in advance,

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer