LD/50 for rats and humans

Dear Brian,

Yes, that certainly couldn't be a fun experience.

However, from what I can gather, they anticipated that
the exposure environment would be somewhat challenging,
and they controlled for it (both pre- and post-exposure).
Net result appears to be that the exposure room did not
induce an aversion reaction, just the radiation did.

Jim