Re: NORM in fertilizer

why worry if its not on tv its not a threat no need to
wag the dog is there? what about our gas prices what
is the DOE doing about that. and smoke emmsions from
burning. do not for get we have frogs out here that
are on the endanger list we may have to stop a job for
a mud swollow to.. so why worry. when I was at hanford
the HPs took down the RAD Signs around the area when
the Gov. came to vist. so why worry. its not on tv.
--- Susan Gawarecki <loc@icx.net> wrote:
> At IDS 2000 in Knoxville, TN, this week, it was
> mentioned in the NORM
> Session that fertilizer may have activity as high as
> 50 pCi/g.  Has a
> risk assessment been done for the practice of
> putting this highly
> contaminated material on patches of ground that may
> be used for growing
> (1) vegetables for human consumption, (2) forage for
> beef cattle for
> human consumption, or (3) lawns that small children
> might play on?  Not
> to mention EPA's legendary pica child that eats
> several grams of dirt
> per day.
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.
>
> All opinions expressed or implied are my own.
> --
> Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director
> Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee,
> Inc.
> 136 S Illinois Ave, Ste 208, Oak Ridge, TN 37830
> Phone (865) 483-1333; Fax (865) 482-6572; E-mail
> loc@icx.net
> information can be accessed at

=====
mark sasser