RE: Contamination from Air Flow in Drain Systems

Billy,

Many years ago the Trojan Nuclear Plant had a similar problem when
differential pressure between Auxiliary Building floors would pull hot
particles out of the drains causing floor contamination.  In most drains we
were able to minimize the problem by installing rice paper, like the type
used for TIG welding, below the drain cover.  The rice paper readily
dissolves when wetted, and therefore the plant design basis is not
compromised.  Of course this only works in floor drains not normally
receiving water.

John Wiles