Transport of Radioactive Diapers

RadSafers,

Bill has a valid point.  The scope of 49CFR173, subpart I, does not apply to
Class 7 (radioactive) materials that have been injected into, ingested by, or
are otherwise placed into, and are still in, human beings or live animals.

The key words here are, "and are still in."  Certainly, DOT regulations could
apply to transport of radioactive material (per the DOT's definition) contained
within soiled diapers - since the radioactive material is no longer in the human
being.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Is there some other exemption that I'm missing?

Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT
rodney_bauman@wssrap-host.wssrap.com