Re: Use of OSL Dosimeters for Environmental Monitoring

A question, such as this one, about alternatives to TLDs always rests on the assumption
that the current electronic dosimeters must "just work", and therefore everything would
be better.  Actually, I have no problem believing that someone might place electronic
dosimeters in environmental stations for months at a time and possibly obtain a
reasonably good set of measurements.  Just go do it and let's publish any associated
problems.

Otherwise, TLDs with its required processing and transit doses have had excellent
precision in environmental work for many years.

Mike Lantz