Re: Nuclear Power

In a message dated 7/14/2000 10:54:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Christoph_Hofmeyr@nnr.co.za writes:

<< Al, Sandy and others,
 The anecdotal experiences of Pam Watson and Don Kosloff can be taken as an
 'illustrations' of variable sensitivity and reactions to "insults" on
 hearing and sight, respectively ('proof' is more difficult).    >>

I am not sure that these anecdotes are "illustrations" of anything other than
the fact that some specified individuals seem to be generally healthy and
others seem to have something we would identify as a non-normal
characteristic.  Perhaps one is healthy due to his exposure to radiation and
the other is not due to exposure to occupational noise hazards (or maybe
traffic noise, rock concerts, or some other agent).  Perhaps, but we do not
know.

If you want health effects, study hearing loss among workers at nuclear (and
other) power plants.  I would bet that you will find something statistically
more relevant than you will from studying the radiation effects on the same
people.  The electricity generation process is loud.

Lew LaGarde
offtowy@aol.com