RE: Request info about on Rad Batteries

As mentioned a few weeks ago on a similar subject, the portion of the
Radioactive Thermal Generator (RTG) that converts the decay heat to
electrical energy is an array of Josephson junctions, sometimes called a
Josephson pile.  If your student has access to one of those 12V picnic
cooler/warmers, they contain one which could be used for a demonstration,
with some sort of temperature differential. (They work both ways; electrical
> thermal and thermal > electrical )

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

You are not just a number to this government agency. You are three numbers,
a dash, two more numbers, another dash, and four more numbers.