RE: Medical training war stories

Not necessarily a war story, but I think the most telling example that many
physicians are unfamiliar with radiation safety is the large number of women
who are advised to terminate their pregnancies after receiving a few
diagnostic x-rays. I have heard these stories and I have advised some women
receiving this bad advice.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781 (office)
University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365 (fax)
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
http://Intranet.urmc.rochester.edu/RadiationSafety