From: Zack Clayton <zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2000 6:18 AM
Subject: Re: Environmental modeling position at EPA

>When I am introduced by people as being from "the EPA"  I always take pains
to indicate it is "Ohio EPA, the State, not the Feds."

>Why?
>
>I think the sloppy, inane, or misleading wording of the job posting gives a
clue to my attitude.  The inferences that arise from this wording, as has
been pointed out by Andy Karam, is another reason.  I consider myself to be
a rational human being, a scientist, not some Politically Correct flack that
tailors my public statements to someone esle's political agenda.  Yes, I do
have my own agenda based on my thoughts and experience, as do we all.  I
just don't sell mine to the highet bidder.

>These thoughts are obviously not those of my employer, and I am sorry to
say there are folks at Ohio EPA that really don't "get" why I make the
differentiation between State and Feds.