Re: Trial Ordered in Egypt Case

To Jose and radsafers,

Thank you very much for your useful information.
Some of sources you mentioned I already did take a look at but not all.
Of course I am very interested to share information.
I will certainly seek contact with IAEA.

I believe international co-operation is very useful.
To be honest today when I was reading these e-mails an old idea came up again:
I believe that an international conference especially on the subject
"safety in industrial radiography" could be very useful.

At a European level there already was such a special conference
(ALARA-workshop) with a lot of response and results. For instance inside
the European Union, improvement of safety-education for industrial
radiography is used as an example in talks about uniform legislation.

This could be organised together with the World Conference for NDT ??? in
2004.
Currently, the number of speakers and the time which is allowed for people
to speak at the WCNDT on the subject safety is limited.

Maybe it is time to make this idea a reality and therefor I request
everyone to share its thoughts.

I have got some ideas how to sponsor such a conference by addressing
suppliers of ndt-equipment and materials.
But I have no experience organising conferences.
I am convinced that industrial radiography does have a future as a
ndt-technique. It will never replace other techniques. But it is really a
time for a change.
Then maybe one day it will not be automatically linked to bad habits in
radiation-world.

Greetings
Paul van Rooijen
Manager HSE