RE: Hospital Radwaste in the News

It was my impression that the NRC considers the RAM to be exempt as it is
patient excreta.     Indiana licensee's are regulated by the US NRC, and the
NRC does not respond to monitor trips, so the State is forced to handle
byproduct materials.  So the NRC won't address it and the State can't
address it which leaves the local authority trying to solve a perceived
problem on its own.  If this is incorrect (partially or totally), I'd like
to hear from the list members and/or some additional details from Richard.

I'm with Marty on the DOT issues, confusing is only the beginning.

Daren Perrero
Health Physicist
perrero@idns.state.il.us