Re: A-bomb survivor tells of torments, appeals for peace

> Which weapons are not the "devil's weapons"?  Perhaps some of the
> items the Japanese used in their "medical" experiments in China
> during WW II.
> Perhaps the weapons the Japanese soldiers used to prod the POWs
> and civilian prisioners during the Bataan Death March.
> Perhaps the weapons the Japanese soldiers used to keep the Korean
> "comfort women" in line during WW II.

> > Seiko Ikeda, executive vice president of the Hiroshima
> > Prefectural Confederation of A-bomb Sufferers Organizations,
> > told reporters at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan how
> > she survived the attack by the ''devil's weapon'' and called
> > for world peace.

The email posted by Sandy Perle has once again illustrated
that the best story is always the emotive story.

I am sure that most of us would agree that war is an
unpleasant fact of human existance, there has always been
agressors who wish that little bit of extra land/wealth/whatever.

However why is it necessary to have a "A-bomb survivor" were
they really the only people in a war to have suffered?
What about a Dresden or Tokyo fire bomb survivor who was
equally burnt and have the scars to prove it, or doesn't that
sell as many papers if the horrific injuries were caused by
plain old explosive.

Obviously peace can only happen when there are no nuclear
weapons, whoops what are we going to do with all those TNT
filled metal casings???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Lindsay Tremethick
lindsay@tremethick.fam.aust.com