RE: radon in water

I once conducted a study where we measured radon in water using electret ion
chambers (supplied by RadElec) inside large sealed jars (also supplied by
RadElec). I don't know if you would call them "high tech" or not, but
electrets are definitely inexpensive compared to other analytical methods.
Of course, you also need the voltage reader which would be another few
hundred dollars. Maybe you could rent one. Sorry, I don't have a phone
number with me, but I bet they have a web site.

Elizabeth Algutifan, CHP
Bechtel Jacobs Co. LLC
East Tennessee Technology Park
Oak Ridge, TN