Re: radon in water

Radon counting in water can be achieved by means of a
Lucas cell.
The setup is quite simple; it consists on a cell, a
scintillation counter, an HV supply and a scaler.

The description of the experiment can be found in:
"Principles of Nuclear Radiation Detection -
Laboratory Manual" by Geoffrey G. Eichholz and John
W.¨Poston. Ann Arbor Science, 1980.

Dr. Abderrachid Zitouni

--- "Karam, Andrew" <Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu>
wrote:
> I received the following question via the Mad
> Scientist network from a
> person in Peru.  I did not see the Discovery Channel
> show he refers to and
> was wondering if any of you can help me give him an
> answer.
>
> Excuse me I cant write english quite well the thing
> is that I saw Discovery
> chasnnel the other day how to detect
> Radon in water without hi-tech equipment. It is
> posible?
>  Thanks you
>
> Thanks -
>
> Andy
>
> Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473
> (voice)
> Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781
> (office)
> University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365
> (fax)
> 601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642
>
> Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
> http://Intranet.urmc.rochester.edu/RadiationSafety
>
> The brain is a wonderful organ.  It starts working
> the moment you get up in
> the morning and does not stop until you get into the
> office.
> Robert Frost

> information can be accessed at

=====