Re: nuclear power share, was: loosing, Tooth Fairy Project

In a message dated Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:21:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Franz Schoenhofer <schoenho@via.at> writes:

<<How do you explain this world-wide  decline
 in nuclear power production?>>

<<I couldn't locate the original email in which someone posted the statement above, but I wanted to point out that this is not correct.  There has not
been a world-wide decline in nuclear power production..........>>

<<Michael,

My sincere gratulations! You have been the only one on RADSAFE to point out
the facts...Rather a few ones tried to find an excuse, blaiming politics and public opinion etc. for a non existing decline, which meant
that they agreed with the wrong information, that electricity production
from NPPs was decreasing.>>

Now THIS changes my mind.  I rushed to judgment in blaming those who have a distaste for nuclear power.  I too am very grateful that someone took the time to point out there is not a decline at present.

Barbara L. Hamrick
BLHamrick@aol.com