Re: A-bomb survivor tells of torments, appeals for peace

I often agree with John on every post. However, I have to agree with
Franz with his assessment of John's post. John's personal feelings
are quite understandable. John has good reason to feel as he does,
but that foundation does not mean that statements that attack an
entire population, using extremely ethnic slurs, are acceptable in a
public forum, such as Radsafe, or in any forum, for that matter.

Many of us have had family tragedies occur due to war. If we all
excluded every ethnic or nationalistic culture that has caused
serious consequences, nobody would talk to anybody. The past is just
that .. the past. Even today we have relationships with Viet Nam.

With respect to the Japanese people .. we can't hold the offspring of
those who brutally murdered or injured those we knew, or didn't know,
accountable. I've been to Japan ,, the younger generations understand
what occurred. They are victims of their ancestor's past just as we
are for actions taken by our forefathers. I work with many Japanese
.. and to lump them all into one category is just not acceptable.

I work closely with Tosh Ushino, a frequent contributor here on
Radsafe. When he is personally offended by this personal attack, I
too am personally offended as well.

Time to put away caustic words .. they serve no purpose, and they
will not heal your heart or spirit. That is something each one of us
must do on our own.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205