Brookhaven...

Dear Radsafers,

A rather interesting note has appeared here, in Western Australia - in the
local "West Magazine" today, 5 August.
I must emphasise that I have no clue if this is true or not, if it was in US
media or not - just thought it's funny that this just may have something to
it...  It's not long and I'll type it in here:

"Is Christie Brinkley responsible for shutting down the reactor at
Brookhaven National Laboratory?  According to some, she wielded considerable
weight with Energy Secretary Bill Richardson over it.  Brinkley, a member of
STAR (Standing for Truth Against Radiation) pleaded with Richardson to shut
down the Long Island nuclear site and threatened that his aspirations to be
Al Gore's running mate would be in trouble if it was not.  Three weeks
later, Richardson announced he was pulling the plug on the high-flux beam
reactor.
Is this how American science policy is made?
By the Energy Secretary meeting with an ex-supermodel?"

Kind regards
Nick Tsurikov
Eneabba, Western Australia
http://eneabba.net/ <http://eneabba.net/>