Re: Hirsoshima observes 55th anniversary of bombong

> > Young women place floating lanterns in the river at Peace Memorial Park to
> > pray for the A-bomb victims.
> > After a one-minute silent prayer held under the scorching sun at 8:15 a.m.,
> > when the atomic bomb was dropped on the city 55 years ago, Mayor Tadatoshi
> > Akiba delivered an annual peace declaration.

Having stood in the Peace Memorial Park recently, one can only
reflect on war and peace, life and death, and, the ability of a
community to rise from the ashes and build a city as marvelous as
the Hiroshima of today is. Whether or not the bomb was necessary
is not an issue. However, hopefully the generations of today and
tomorrow will learn from the past and do whatever is necessary to
not repeat that past.

Hiroshima has become a symbol. It is a lesson we all need to learn
from. I am only sorry that it has been used (and abused) by many,
in exploiting the tragedy for their own political, and non-scientific
agendas.
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205