Re: Why study baby teeth?/// LOOK Deeper to!

Tom,

I agree. The discussion on this list about Salem County and the TFP was very similar. Salem has many polluting industries. Its the synergistic effects of continued doses of low level radiation and how that amplifies the toxics present in the environment that the TFP is looking at, at least to some degree.

norm

Tom Savin wrote:

>  Hello again radsafers.
>
> I have a wall map of all the Superfund sites in the US - the state of New Jersey has so many Superfund sites it is enlarged and off-set.  It is just plane crowded with them (Norm maybe you should move out like I did - only kidding Norm)!  My point is that there are a lot of industries (chemical, refineries,  house paint, ie. source of lead, pharmeceutical, etc..) other than the nuclear plants.  These non-nuclear plants far, by magnitudes, outnumber the nuclear ones.  Maybe we are just out of focus in not adding them to ths dicussion.  Or maybe they should be the discussion!
>
>                          --

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);  norco@bellatlantic.net;  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:  http://members.bellatlantic.net/~norco/  ICQ# 54268619; The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.
“We have two lives, the one we’re given, and the other one we make” (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
“Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights...Get up, stand up, don’t give up the fight!” (Bob Marley)