Subject: Re: Dear Edith and Norm....
Author:  "Cecilia Searcy" <CSearcy@thermoretec.com> at Internet
Date:    8/10/00 11:33 AM

Dear Mr. Ford and others, this argument was presented several months ago.
It seems to me that Edith and Norm and their associates don't understand
that 1 mrem of radiation from naturally occurring radionuclides = 1 mrem of
radiation from a power plant.  It is a fundamental concept to us, but
apparently not one that is easily grasped by some outside this industry.
If my memory serves, Mr Perle and others tried several times to explain
this concept to Norm, without success.   Until that basic concept is
grasped, the logical comparisons that you propose will not result in
logical conclusions.

Cecilia Searcy
ThermoRetec Project Manager