Re: Re[4]: Dear Edith and Norm....

At 13:52 10.08.2000 -0500, you wrote:

>     I thought when I signed up for RADSAFE that it was a forum for Health
>     Physicists to exchange ideas and scientific information, but it is
>     becoming more and more a mouthpiece for some anti's to vent their
>     ridiculous theories, and it's taking up an increasing amount of
>     bandwidth and time. I'm very near the point of unsubscribing to
>     RADSAFE as it's become primarily a waste of time.

Steve,

Do not unsubscribe - it is obviously what Norman and Edith and company want
to do. Their strategy seems now to me that they want to create confusion
and that we should only spend our time with their ridiculous and
unscientific ideas. They obviously do not even read our replies as soon as
they contain even a tiny bit of science. I for myself have decided, not to
answer any of their postings any more and I belief it would be good, if
nobody would do so in order to save RASAFE!

BTW, are there any news about the Moab pile?

Franz

_________________________________
>Subject: Re: Re[2]: Dear Edith and Norm....
>Author:  "Michael S Ford" <MFORD@pantex.com> at Internet
>Date:    8/10/00 1:09 PM
>

>Steve and Cecilia,
>
>I apologize in advance if I came across as being upset.  I am.
>
>As I sat in the Plenary Session on Monday during the HPS meeting and again
>during the *Airlie Revisited* conference, the phrase "We have met the
enemy and
>He is US!" came to mind.
>
>With my blood pressure increasing rapidly, I listened to representatives of
>international RP organizations state that
>
>1.  Hormesis is "useless" in proving or disproving LNT
>
>2.  "Optimization is a frame of mind"
>
>3.  Stakeholders should determine what is "safe"
>
>AND FINALLY TWO UNJUSTIFIED, UNPROVEN and IRRESPONSIBLE STATEMENTS:
>
>4.    There is "no safe threshold" for radiation exposures,
>
>5.  While 10 mrem might be a safe dose for one person, it may not be a
safe dose
>for another person!
>
>Now please explain to me HOW - with those kinds of statements emanating
from the
>mouths of *supposed* experts - you or I can make any headway in trying to
>address the concerns of individuals not in our profession or possessing
similar
>training and experience as those in the profession.
>
>Bottom Line:  Until we can begin to speak with a consistent message and stop
>scaring the bujeebers out of people with inane and irresponsible
statements just
>because we like hearing ourselves talk... we can't beat others over the
head for
>not understanding us!!
>
>My humble opinion only!
>v/r
>Michael
>TRAB

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Please note my new telephone number at my office!

Office:
Ministerialrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLFUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71100-4458