Re: Re[4]: Dear Edith and Norm....

Steve, Ron, et al:

First, let me say that I appreciate what so many have done to answer the
illogical claims of the few "anti" people on RADSAFE.  Please don't give up
or drop out.  If good intelligent people drop out in disgust, then the
antis have won.  Besides, there are only a few (3 or 4) antis who post to
RADSAFE.  We need to respond to their comments intelligently and calmly,
and we need to do it consistently.

Second, it does appear that the regulatory and standard-setting agencies
have been less than cooperative in getting the views and findings of
operational personnel into their thinking.  My question is, how do we go
about getting them to listen?  Al Tschaeche and Ron Kathren, your names
have been fairly prominent in standard-setting subcommittees.  Is there a
way that we "grunts" can nominate someone like you, and several others on
RADSAFE, to serve?  I don't have an answer; I'm throwing out the question.
Let's have a dialogue on this for a while, and see if we can come up with a
reasonable solution.

Don Barg
bargdc@inel.gov