Re: Fwd: oyster creek watch meeting 9/7

Hello Michael:

> The following announcement will give you an idea of where Norm is coming
> from when he posts questions / comments to radsafe.

The above is line with what Norm has already told us, that he doesn't
believe any nuclear plant to be safe, and in the end, they all should
be cut down. While I don't agree, for many reasons, including the
statistics that demonstrate that nuclear has been at the top of the
"safeness" list when comparing to other industries, and, the
excellent track record we've had, Norm and others feel differently.
Their membership in groups such as those referenced in sig lines is
better than not knowing which groups an individual supports, or, is a
leader. There is no difference in these individuals being a member of
an organization that espouses their beliefs, than any of us being a
member of HPS, ANS or other pro-nuclear organization.

The important point in all of this is that we maintain an open
dialogue. When it becomes clear that the message is not being
accepted, not based on the science, but simply on pure beliefs
without foundation, then we should refrain from continuing the
dialogue with the individual, and focus on others, who are willing to
listen, debate and hopefully come to a logical and reasonable
conclusion.

What I find funny is the numerous number of individuals her eon
Radsafe who blast all of these groups for not listening to the
arguments, saying that they will not respond anymore to these
nonsense comments, and then turn around and begin the debate again!
Who is the facilitator of these nonsensical dialogues! I think we're
losing that battle, and, becoming the puppet of others. If we're
going to discuss issues, let's discuss the issues with those who are
willing to hold an honest dialogue, no matter where it concludes.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205