Cancer clusters

I have been hearing about cancer clusters for a long time, several years at
least. Usually these clusters are brought to the attention of government
officials and due to public pressure, a study is commissioned to attempt to
find the cause. Afterwards it seems that the cancer cluster is never heard
from again.  Like many on this list, I doubt that most cancer clusters have
any meaning other than being just a statistical burp that requires no
particular cause.  Now to the question that I would like to pose to the
activists:

Has any cancer cluster in the United States ever been conclusively linked to
an installation or cause of any type?  If so, please provide details.  If
not, do you really think that the Toms River "Cancer Cluster" will be the
first to have a definite cause?

R. Holloway
holloway3@aol.com