Re: Why study baby teeth? -Reply

The funding of a project by a legislative body is hardly a measure of its
merit.  If I remember correctly, cold fusion was well funded by the state
of Utah and didn't one of our state legislatures try to legislate the value
of pi?

Mike

>Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:25:38 -0700
>From: "edith gbur" <egbur@adelphia.net>
>To: <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
>Subject: Re: Why study baby teeth?  -Reply
>
>Mr. Nicholls,
>
>  I believe that  a  dialogue is important and  I will  foward  your  =
>letter to the  Radiation and Public  Health  Project .
>
>  The New Jersey Legislature saw merit in the Tooth Fairy Project and =
>voted
>to appropriate funds tor the  local study  which unfortunately was line =
>item
>vetoed by Governor Whitman.
>
>The project now has analyzed more than 800 teeth.  The results of the =
>study
>thus far will be printed next month in the International Journal of =
>Health
>Services, published by Johns Hopkins University.
>

>Edith Gbur

Michael C. Baker

Environmental Technology Group
Los Alamos National Laboratory