Re: Special handling of individuals with lifetime dose greater than age

If I understand the current whole body exposure limit correctly it indicates
a limit of 5 REM annual not to exceed 10 REM over a 5 year period. This
excludes PSE. To air on the side of the conservative no individual should
have received occupational exposure from the age of 16 yrs and below,
therefore and individual with a lifetime exposure > age could have received
> 16 REM within a five year period thus being a violation. By using the
lifetime exposure as a flag it identifies those persons that could exceed
the 10 over 5 stipulation. Futher administative limits would then apply to
those cases. Please note that many commercial sites now use a 500 mrem limit
per quarter unless a dose extension is requested. As a contractor traveling
the commercial plant circuit I maintain very accurate exposure records so
that my access is not limited and that I can fulfill several contracts per
year.