Re: release of material

In a message dated 8/31/2000 7:51:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RXQ@y12.doe.gov writes:

<< This has been an issue for as long as you and I can remember - when do we
 consider the contamination volumetric instead of surface?   >>

Yes, and that is an embarassingly long time for both of us.

Obviously there is no right answer here.  My personal opinion is that, if the
contamination is likely to have penetrated deeply enough to significantly
affect detection capabilities, it is volume contamination.  Unfortunately, my
personal opinion is regularly proven to be unacceptable to most rational
people.

Lew LaGarde
offtowy@aol.com