Re: Special handling of individuals with lifetime dose gr

In a message dated 8/31/2000 9:44:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rodney_bauman@wssrap-host.wssrap.com writes:

<< In addition, 10CFR835.801 requires reporting of cumulative TEDE on each
 individual's annual radiation dose report.

 Now, what is the basis for these requirements?  I do not know.  There is no
 cumulative TEDE limit in 10CFR835.202.  Could someone enlighten me? >>

I think this information is collected simply to facilitate epidemiological
studies.  There is no regulatory lifetime limit (except for PSEs), although
DOE's Rad Con Standard recommends an administrative limit of 1 rem per year
of age.

Lew LaGarde
offtowy@aol.com