Fission Efficiency

RADSAFERS

I was reading an article recently which stated that nuclear weapons are only
33% efficient.  In other words, the article stated, only 33% of the
plutonium would fission during the weapons detonation and the remainder
would be distributed in the fallout.  This efficiency seems low to me, but
then again, I am not an expert in this area.  Can anyone tell me if this
statement is true?

Thanks

James H. Reese
Health Physicist