reply and posted below.

Andrew Tompkins
Woodstock, GA

RE: Weapon Efficency "Bradshaw, Keith" Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:59:19 -0000

From: "Bradshaw, Keith"
Subject: RE: Weapon Efficency
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:59:19 -0000

If I remember Seaborgs recent book correctly, the efficiency is not high.  I
think around 18% of Pu in a warhead fissions. If the device uses U-235, the
efficiency is lower.  The book also states that the yield of a so-called
hydrogen bomb is about half and half due to fission and fusion.

Personal thoughts only