Re: Corona effect and x-rays

If they did indeed emit xrays then a current must be flowing - so they
wouldn't be very good relays in that condition!

This COULD happen due to field emission in the relay - but again - the
relay would probably soon be replaced as faulty - not to mention it
would burn up!

Frankly - I didn't know these beasties were up on the poles!  I thought
they were in the switch yards!?