WNY Chapter meeting, November 9

November 9 Meeting of the Western NY Chapter of the Health Physics Society
Sponsored by Seneca Products (888)736-3220 or (716) 458-7070

The last meeting of the year will take place on November 9 at the Marriott
Hotel in Amherst.  The meeting will start at 10:30 and will end at 3:00.  A
registration fee of $15.00 will be collected at the time of the meeting. The
agenda is:

Business meeting 	(see below)
Dr. Bernard Cohen: 	Validity of the Linear-No Threshold Theory of
Radiation Induced Cancer
Andrew Karam: 	Report on FICR 2000 meeting, Tehran, Iran (October 18-20)
Regulator's hour

A mouthwatering lunch will be served at noon.

Business meeting:
*	Collaboration with ENY Chapter in President-Elect George Anastas'
initiative to assist HPs in less developed nations
*	Contacting area science teachers
*	Results from Chapter elections (ballots enclosed)
*	Membership handbook for WNY Chapter members

Chapter elections
Under our bylaws, a new President-Elect is elected annually.  The Secretary
and Treasurer are to be elected every second year, alternating between the
two positions.  Because all of these positions were elected last year, we
flipped a coin to determine which would be up for election in this round,
and the coin came up "secretary".
Ballots are enclosed in this meeting announcement along with a return
envelope.  I would ask you to return these at your earliest opportunity so
that we can announce the results at the November 9 meeting.

Membership renewal
We will be publishing a member's handbook for the WNY Chapter.  All members
who have paid their dues ($20) will be listed unless they have specifically
requested the contrary.  We will also be listing contact information for
corporate sponsors of the WNY Chapter.  Finally, we will be listing e-mail
addresses for everyone submitting them to us.  Please take a few minutes to
complete the membership renewal form - this can be returned to us at the
same time you return your ballot if you'd like to save a stamp.  In
addition, you may feel free to copy and distribute the membership
application to anyone you know who may be interested in joining the chapter
- we're always looking for new members!

Next year's meetings
Next year's meetings will be held on the last Fridays in April, June,
August, and October.  Further details will be sent out a month before each
meeting.  For the record, the dates will be:
	April 27 	(Syracuse)			June 29
(Rochester)
	August 31 	(Buffalo)			October 26
(Rochester)