Re: Power Plant Pollution Linked to 30,000 Premature Deaths

Ooops!  Make that 60,000.  No!  Can I hear... ah heck, let's just round it to
75,000.

Wow!  Pretty soon (next 60 years or so) there could be billions of dead
bodies lying about.  These values seem a little like an "elevated plume
(loft) dispersion model" here...  Maybe a wee few orders of magnitude on the
conservative side.  'Course that's giving what I consider to be a W.A.G. more
credit than it's due.

As for not providing the news (AKA Hype) media with false data
(extrapolations, conjecture, hypothetical deaths [whatever that Really is])
I'm all for the notion.  They can report on the kids having a good time at
the Zoo or something; I'd actually read about that...

If these guys (media) weren't among the dullest knives in the drawer, they
would realize that they could get a lot more mileage (and sympathy) if they
focused on the fate of our descendants (the ole regressive civilisation [that
they are helping to create] routine) relative to the heavy metal /
radioactive hazards stockpiling in our fly-ash ponds, many of which are
located adjacent to bodies of water.  Now That hits the ole responsibility
button for handling disposal without actually causing problems for fossil
energy production.  We can just put that stuff on the highways, dilute it in
the landfills, use it in construction...

This nonproductive and, let's face it, no value-added message was created on
my own time, on my own computer, sent on my own phone line and is not only my
opinion, but is also that of my principal employer...

Neil Keeney
RRPT
neilkeeney@aol.com