Re: LD50 for various animals?

Bjorn:

The US Dept. of Defense and Dept. of Energy have tons of such data as a
function of gamma and neutron dose-rate and dose gradient dating from the
'fifties when they first started pulsing in the research reactors most every
lifeform that had a gene...

These experiments included  flora and fauna species ranging from bacteria,
through various algae, to dogs, cats, monkeys, and so forth (I knew an old
timer who used to run the reactor at one of the facilities...)  The research
supported weapons, defense, space exploration and so forth.  As I understand
it the test results were (and are) statistically significant so it would be
well worth your time and effort to acquire the information.  Unfortunately I
don't know the best approach (what authority to query) to obtain the data.
Perhaps another RADSAFER can provide a site or office.

Neil Keeney

neilkeeney@aol.com