Re: LD50 for various animals?

First I want to thank those who already replied. Some variations appeared in
the sources. Mouse 5-15 Gy (500 - 1500 rad) for instance.

I was surprised to see 150 Gy for "bat" (two sources but the original may
very well be the same). Roaches: 100 Gy seems low when compared to wasps
(1000 to 3000 Gy).

There are of course a lot of underlying questions one can ask: How many
parakeets had to be irradiated in order to establish an LD50 of 23 Gy? At
least five I would assume.

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com