From: Bjorn Cedervall [mailto:bcradsafers@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2000 3:38 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Global heating and stupid greens/U-235

>One final thought, or question, does anyone know what, or how long we would

>be able to depend on nuclear power (how long our U235 would last, afterall,

>there is a limited amount)?  This way one can determine how long we have to

>get technology up to speed to save humanity.
---
Some considerations made 20 years ago said "about 500 years" (formally it
must be the time integral of a capacity variation) if we rely mainly on
fission of U-235 - whereas a working breeder program would bring us far
beyond that (10 000 years??). This is the scientific view of resources -
like having a bucket that we are emptying until the last atom. The economic
view is different because the available resources are price dependent. As
the price goes up lower ore concentrations of U-235 (or whatever) may become

profitable. (there is also the Th-232 pathway)

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/