Re: U.S. "expert" recently showed up Downunder

Radsafers,

What makes Dan Hirsch such an effective antinuke are the huge donations he
receives from the very rich Hollywood liberals.  I remember going to a
debate between a health physicist and Hirsch about 10 years ago in
Hollywood.  It didn't matter what was said in the debate--everyone
attending had already made up their minds.  The only question was how much
money would be donated that night to his Committee to Bridge the Gap.  So
far, Hirsch leads by at least 2-0 in California (UCLA research reactor shut
down and the Ward Valley low-level radioactive waste site not developed).
Due to his windfall funding from Hollywood, those of us advocating policies
such as the continued use of radioactive materials in medicine and research
are at a tremendous disadvantage.

Frank E. Gallagher, III, CHP
Manager, Radiation Protection
Radiation Safety Officer
Environmental Health & Safety

University of California, Irvine  ||  EH&S Services Facility
4600 Bison Avenue  ||  Irvine, CA  92697-2725
Phone: (949) 824-6904  ||  Fax: (949) 824-8539
fegallag@uci.edu  ||  http://www.abs.uci.edu/depts/ehs/